GL Account Lists (Changes since the previous update are highlighted in the documents.)
- Expense Account Dictionary (Revised May 2018)
- Expense Account Short List (Revised May 2018)
- Revenue Account Dictionary (Revised March 2018)
- Revenue Account Short List (Revised June 2017)
- Salary Reimbursement Accounts (Revised March 2018)
NOTE: For Account to Purchasing Category mapping see query FSU_DPT_CODES_CATEGORY_BY_ACCT.
The Expense and Revenue Account Data Dictionaries have been developed to provide University personnel with clear guidance on the proper use of OMNI expense and revenue account codes. The lists were created in order to:
- Simplify, clarify and better organize account names and descriptions.
- Provide additional guidance on the proper use of the accounts.
- Promote consistency in recording similar types of purchases to facilitate more effective trend analysis.
The Expense and Revenue Account Short Lists have been developed to provide University personnel with a concise listing of the most commonly used OMNI expense and revenue account codes and should provide a good reference to use when recording departmental journals, interdepartmental revenues, deposits, PCard transactions, etc. Accounts included in the Short List are indicated in the data dictionaries.
Additional information about the revenue account updates made effective July 1, 2015, including discussion of the distinction between internal and external sales, is available here.