Departments delivering payments in person will deliver all payments to the secure Drop Box located outside of the Student Business Services office at A1500 University Center.
• Departments utilizing armored car pickup services will continue to utilize these services, sending required backup to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Student Business Services will no longer accept departmental deposits in person at the counter.
• Student Business Services will continue to accept student payments, parking fee payments, and employee payroll reimbursements in person at the counter.
• Auxiliary Accounting will no longer accept departmental deposits or any other payments at the 6th floor Drop Box as they will no longer be a cash collection site.
• This change applies to departmental revenue deposits, expense reimbursements, and travel refunds.
• Locked Bags (requiring a key to open) will no longer be accepted by Student Business Services for deposit. Instead, departments making regular deposits should use recommended white tamper-resistant bags https://www.superiorbag.com/product/a-bag-9x12-white-wwindow/. The Controller’s Office will supply departments with a startup quantity of these bags; after the initial supply is utilized, departments will purchase their own white tamper-resistant bags (https://www.superiorbag.com/product/a-bag-9x12-white-wwindow/). Departments regularly delivering deposits with a large quantity of cash/checks will need a key in order to widen the Drop Box to deposit these bags; keys will be supplied to these departments as necessary by Student Business Services. Departments can pick up the key or the white, tamper-resistant bags in the Cashier’s Office during their regular business hours (between 8am and 4pm). The initial supply will include six bags.
Departments will use a new, single form for departmental deposits of all types. This new Departmental Deposit Form will replace the Revenue Deposit Form (DT-118), Travel Expense Refund Form (DT-118T), and other related deposit forms and will be sent to email@example.com or delivered along with the cash/check payment to the Drop Box in the white, tamper-resistant bag. Departments handling credit card payments will also send this new Departmental Deposit Form to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing along with the usual documentation, including daily batch reports.
What deposit types are included in this change?
Departmental deposits from expense reimbursements to revenue deposits of all types (including point-of-sale) and travel reimbursements. This includes deposits processed via credit card, cash, check, and EFT/wire. This also includes expense refunds for Foundation funds (fund 599) when the original expense was processed in OMNI Financials.
Are any deposit types excluded?
Payroll reimbursements will continue to be processed in Campus Solutions by Student Business Services staff using the new Payroll Reimbursement Form.
Foundation revenue deposits, including donations, will continue to be processed according to the Foundation’s established revenue deposit procedures.
Deposits processed by granting agencies as revenue for sponsored projects will continue to be handled by Sponsored Research Administration.
Departments utilizing armored car pickup services will continue to utilize these services, sending the new Departmental Deposit Form with required backup to Controller’s Office staff at email@example.com.
Accounting entries will be recorded directly in OMNI Financials using AR Direct Journal functionality (these will appear as ‘ARD’ journal entries on your ledgers). Accounting entries for departmental deposits will no longer be recorded within Campus Solutions.
Note: check images directly transmitted to the bank through an armored car service will not be retained in OMNI unless the images are provided along with the Departmental Deposit Form; in this case, they can be uploaded as attachments to the payment.