As your department prepares for year-end, the Controller’s Office Auxiliary Accounting team would like to remind you of the internal PO requirement for Information Technology Services (ITS) and the Office of Business Services (OBS) goods and services. This announcement provides information to assist in your preparations for fiscal year 2018.
Financial Representatives were notified via a FINREP listserv in May 2017, and via targeted communication to affected budget account managers.
How does this impact me?
In late June 2017, the Controller’s Office will close all internal purchase orders (vendor ID’s beginning with AUX), regardless of association with a sponsored project, remaining encumbrance, or end date on the PO. Therefore, all departments purchasing goods/services from ITS or OBS will need to enter a new requisition for fiscal year 2018.
When do I need to take action?
Departments will need to re-enter requisitions for all recurring charges as early as the requisition pre-entry window on June 26th-27th and no later than July 14th, 2017.
We are offering workshops for department reps to come and learn more about the ins and outs of internal PO’s, including time to practice entering PO’s, as shown below. To sign up for a session, please navigate to my.fsu.edu > HR > Main Menu > Self Service > Learning & Development > Request Training Enrollment and search by course name “Internal Requisition Work Session”. Follow the prompts to sign up for the course.
Internal Requisition Work Sessions:
- June 22nd, 2017 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- June 26th, 2017 2:30pm - 4:30pm
- July 7th, 2017 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- July 11th, 2017 8:30am -11:00am
What do I need to know?
It is important that your PO lines be set up with the quantity equal to 1, amount equal to the amount you expect to spend, and with each line flagged as “Amount Only.” Otherwise, your requisition may be canceled for re-entry. See the step-by-step tutorials for information about how to fulfill this requirement.
Florida State has not yet implemented SpearMart for internal vendors; therefore, these requisitions must be entered in OMNI.
Encumber as much as you expect to spend in each category for this fiscal year; this sets the funds aside so that you’re sure not to run out of budget for these items.
- To determine how much you should encumber based upon last year's expenses, follow the steps outlined in the step-by-step document "Determining Your Requisition Amount" on the Controller's Office training page.
Helpful queries for Auxiliary PO's:
- To see how much has been spent on an internal PO: FSU_DPT_AUX_INT_PO_EXP_SUM
- To see the remaining encumbrance on an internal PO: FSU_CTRL_AUX_PO_ENC_EXP_1 (this one can run slowly so run for as specific parameters as possible)
Other dates pertaining to year-end and Axiliary AR/Billing can be found on the Controller's Office 2017 Year End Calendar page; all dates are subject to change, so please check the year end calendar frequently.
- ITS expects to complete all of their FY17 billing on or about June 15th, 2017. Any pending charges not processed by this date will be processed in FY18 on your new PO's. Contact ITS with questions about their charge data and deadlines.
- OBS expects to complete all of their FY17 billing on or about June 8th, 2017 with additional cleanup taking place on or about June 15th, 2017. Any pending charges not processed by June 15th will be processed in FY18 on your new PO's. Contact OBS with questions about their charge data and deadlines.
View our Frequently Asked Questions for additional helpful information about internal PO's.
What services does this requirement apply to?
- • Departmental Postal Services (mail chargeslips, iShip, etc.)
- • Departmental Copy Services
- • Event/ Parking Permits (not Parking Enforcement/ Citations)
- • FSU Card
- • Warehouse
- • Professional IT Services
- • File Storage/ Virtual Computing
- • Local Service - Phone and Cable
- • Campus Access & Security Services (CASS)
- • Cellular Services
- • Managed Port Fees
- • Software Licensing
- • Research Computing
- • Data Circuits
- • Research Computing Center