The University is pleased to announce that the second phase of the new solution for Auxiliary Accounts Receivable and Billing is rolling out for multiple auxiliaries on November 1st, 2017.
How does this impact me?
If your department utilizes and/or pays for services from these auxiliaries, fully approved Purchase Orders must be in place before services can be provided beginning November 1, 2017.
- The College of Music
- Performance rental space and related services (Ruby Diamond Concert Hall, Opperman Recital Hall, etc)
- Biological Sciences
- Stockroom (Supplies, Gas, Chemicals, Vehicle Rental, Greenhouse facilities)
- CORE Facilities & BSIR (Analytical Laboratory, DNA Sequencing, Hybridoma Laboratory, Molecular Cloning Laboratory, Electron Microscope, and related services)
- Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Stockroom (Supplies, Gas, Chemicals, Consumables)
- Labs (Materials Characterization Lab (MAC), Mass Spectrometry Lab (MASS), Chemistry Resonance Lab (NMR)
- The College of Medicine
- Stockroom (Supplies, Gas, Chemicals)
- Laboratories (Medicine Analysis & Equipment Services)
When do I need to take action?
- Requisition entry for current, ongoing, and anticipated expenditures from the above auxiliaries should take place as soon as possible -- as early as TODAY, and no later than November 10th, 2017.
- Please review the query FSU_DPT_AUX_CHGS_11_1COHORT as well as information on the AR/Billings website (http://controller.vpfa.fsu.edu/auxiliary-ar-billing). Specifically, please refer to the training document called “Determining your Requisition Amount” on the training page (http://controller.vpfa.fsu.edu/training#AR) for information about how to estimate your expenditures from these auxiliaries.
- The Controller’s Office is hosting Internal Requisition Work Sessions to assist departments in fulfilling this requirement. Please visit the AR/Billings website (http://controller.vpfa.fsu.edu/auxiliary-ar-billing) for more information.
The Controller’s Office and selling auxiliaries will monitor departmental requisition activity and will contact departments if the new procedure is not followed.
How do I comply with this new requirement?
- Determine required requisition(s) and amounts needed for your department(s). Please review the new, updated instructions to be sure you receive the information you need to complete this task. A step-by-step guide has been created to guide you through this process.
- Enter requisitions/create PO’s for the applicable in accordance with the new internal purchase order process. Detailed training documents have been created for each auxiliary; please review as you enter your requisitions to avoid having to re-enter or correct errors. This should be done as soon as possible - as early as October 2nd, 2017 and no later than November 10th, 2017.
- *Note: an important change to mark requisitions as “amount only” is included in all requisition training guides. This step is important to ensure your encumbrances are accurate throughout the life of your PO, even after change-orders take place.
- Manage (through change orders) and/or create new POs as appropriate on an ongoing basis.
What resources are available to support me during this process?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Internal Requisition Entry for each line of business
- Understanding Auxiliary AR/Billing Charges (includes how to view invoice PDF)
- AR/Billing Internal Requisition Work Sessions
- Attend these work sessions to obtain an overview of the Auxiliary AR/Billing Project and receive guidance as you estimate encumbrance amounts and create requisitions for internal purchases for FY 2016-17. These work sessions are designed to assist departments in fulfilling the new requirement that all internal purchases from ITS/OBS lines of business be preceded by a purchase order.
- Tuesday – October 10th 8:30am-10:30am
- Wednesday – October 18th 3pm-5pm
- Tuesday - October 24th 10am-12pm
- Monday – November 6th 1pm-3pm
- Location: see OMNI Training Enrollment for location by training session.
- How to sign up:
- Navigate to http://my.fsu.edu > HR > Main Menu > Self Service > Learning & Development > Request Training Enrollment
- Search by course name (Internal Requisition Work Sess) or course number (BTAUX1)
- Select the appropriate session (0001, 0002, 0003, etc)
- Select “Continue” and follow the prompts until your registration is confirmed
What are the benefits to University departments?
There are many benefits to departments, including:
- Enabling encumbrances for internal purchases
- Improved reporting
- Reduced budget errors and time spent researching errors
- Permitting Sponsored Research pre-approval for CAS exemptions by project
- Reduced IDR processing
Over time, additional auxiliaries will be brought on board based upon interest, business processes, requirements, type of auxiliary, and other considerations.
If you should have any questions, please email CTL-AuxiliaryAccounting@fsu.edu, or contact your auxiliary billing representative.