All goods and services that are on POs need a receipt entered in OMNI by the requesting department. For assistance on entering receipts in OMNI 9.2, please contact Procurement Services at (850)644-6850.
Accounts Payable will send an email notification for a department when they receive an invoice that hasn't had a receipt created in OMNI.
Invoices under $1000
PO requestors and approvers will receive one email asking that a receipt be created. The department has 7 days from the email date to create a receipt. If a receipt should not be created and the invoice paid, the department must alert the Accounts Payable processor included on the email notification. After 7 days with no response from the department, Accounts Payable will create a receipt for them, resulting in a negative approval on the Controller's Office monthly Compliance Report.
Invoices over $1000
PO requestors and approvers will receive two emails (if necessary) asking that a receipt be created. These emails will be sent at least 7 days apart. The department should alert Procurement Services as well as the Accounts Payable processor of any issue with the merchandise or invoice. If two or more emails are sent to the department without response, Accounts Payable may reach out to the department, Procurement Services, and/or the supplier. Invoices that are outstanding for 40 days or more are out of compliance and could result in pentalties and interest accruing.
Where to Send Invoices
Invoices from suppliers should be sent directly to Accounts Payable. However, if a department does receive an invoice, they should forward it on to Accounts Payable via one* of the following methods:
- Interoffice Mail
- MC 2391
- Right Fax
- 5-9502 (New Invoices)
- 5-9514 (Paid Invoices)
*Using more than one method to send invoices to Accounts Payable can result and multiple copies of the invoice our system.
FSU Document Management System
DM fully integrates with OMNI for purchase orders, change orders, vendor invoices and travel receipts. Details on navigating to these documents in OMNI Financials follows.
- Purchase Orders (POs) can be viewed at any of the following locations:
- Purchasing > Review PO Information > Purchase Orders
- Purchasing > Review PO Information > Activity Summary
- Accounts Payable > FSU AP Custom > FSU Document Management (only if there is an invoice in Document Management for that Purchase Order)
- Encumbered Invoices (whether paid encumbered or unencumbered and once scanned) are viewable at:
- Accounts Payable > FSU AP Custom > FSU Document Mangement
- Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry (only if the correct voucher number is identified for the invoice on the Completed stamp)
For general document viewing instructions, see Searching for Documents in OMNI.
Indexing Errors - APE013
Find an Invoice
Look up Payments
The OMNI Training site has numerous Accounts Payable video tutorials, including how to determine if payments have been made within OMNI. Training documents in PDF format are also available- see Determining if Payments Have Been Made.