The All-Auxiliary Virtual Meeting which was held on June 10th, 2021 gave auxiliary department representatives an opportunity to learn more topics relevant to auxiliaries across campus. We are providing a recording of the meeting, along with answers to frequently asked questions.
What training classes are available to help me better understand auxiliary policy and procedures?
- BTBUD2 – Introduction to Auxiliaries – understand auxiliary establishment, rate methodology, auxiliary classification, audit expectations, overhead assessment, and more.
- BTBUD3 – Auxiliary Rate Calculation – covers regulatory framework for rate calculation as well as models for estimating auxiliary revenue and expenses.
- BTUIB1 – Understanding Internal Billing – gain an understanding of how departments on campus charge for goods/services, and how to manage an internal, auxiliary requisition.
- BTFA01, BTFA02, BTFA03 – Attend this series to cover university accounting principles. Understand ledgers, fund accounting, reporting resources, reconciliation procedures, and more.
- BTCMT1 – Cash Management – covers cash handling policies, procedures, internal controls, and guidelines.
For information on how to enroll in training courses, visit this link.
Can my customers use an FSU p-card or t-card to pay for charges from my internal auxiliary?
The only approved method of making payment for charges between departments at FSU is the internal, auxiliary billing process, which requires an internal, auxiliary purchase order. FSU p-cards and t-cards cannot be used to buy from FSU departments. Contact email@example.com with questions.
What should I do if I receive a deposit (payment to FSU) and am not sure of how to properly deposit or account for the transaction?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in processing miscellaneous deposits.
How can I look up payments to my auxiliary?
Use OMNI Financials query FSU_CTRL_AUX_PAYMENT for payments on auxiliary invoices, and FSU_DPT_DIRECT_JRNL_DEPOSIT for payments recorded via a Departmental Deposit Form. Contact email@example.com with questions.
Recording and Support Material
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for auxiliary AR/Billing questions, email@example.com for deposit processing questions, firstname.lastname@example.org for questions on establishing a new auxiliary or managing your auxiliary rates, email@example.com for questions on sales tax, unrelated business income, cash handling policy, and payment card industry (PCI) compliance, or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions on revenue contracts.