03/24/2020: A new Frequently Asked Questions page has been published by Disbursement Services to address questions related to the coronavirus. The FAQ can be found here.
03/12/2020: Effective immediately, all university-sponsored domestic (U.S.) and international travel is canceled until further notice.
- All previously approved travel must be reevaluated by your respective university vice president for re-approval.
- Any new university sponsored domestic or international travel requests must be approved by a university vice president, who will determine if it is essential.
- Individuals are responsible for cancelling their existing reservations for trips starting on Friday, March 13, or later.
- The university strongly recommends all students, staff, and faculty refrain from domestic and international travel except for emergency purposes.
- The university requires that all students, staff, and faculty who have traveled anywhere internationally self-quarantine for 14 days upon their return.
- Employees currently in travel status are not required to return immediately but are encouraged to do so as soon as possible.
- Travel between FSU campuses (main, Panama City, Marine Lab, Ringling) and locations is allowed. Requests for mileage reimbursement for this travel may be entered in Concur when the current restrictions are lifted.
FSU Announces U.S. Domestic Travel Restrictions
Coronavirus: HR Guidance for FSU Departments and employees
FSU Coronavirus Webpage
In order to better inform University employees of new warnings related to the COVID-19 coronavirus or other threats to their safety based on their location, effective immediately all future faculty/staff air and train travel, both domestic and international, must be booked through the Concur travel system.
Travelers who have already booked their travel should email their itineraries to email@example.com.
More information about Concur can be found here.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org