Procurement Services and the Controller’s Office are pleased to announce a transformative partnership with PaymentWorks, an advanced supplier information software provider. PaymentWorks will simplify and transform the supplier onboarding and update process, replacing manual tasks with automation. The scheduled go-live date for the system is scheduled for October 13, 2023.
This collaboration brings exciting changes that will significantly benefit both the university and our valued suppliers, including:
- Automated Supplier Onboarding: Campus departments will no longer be tasked with collecting confidential information from suppliers. PaymentWorks will replace the current Qualtrics Substitute W9 and the need for collecting W9 and W8 forms from suppliers.
- Ease of Use: PaymentWorks requires departments to send a short invitation to request their supplier to onboard.
- Reduced Risk and Enhanced Data Accuracy: This change is not just about efficiency; it's also about reducing risk. PaymentWorks will enhance security by centralizing and validating sensitive information, such as TIN/SSN/EIN, vendor addresses, and banking details. This validation will occur immediately in many cases, reducing data entry errors and ensuring accuracy.
- Improved Visibility: Suppliers and department initiators will gain visibility of invoice statuses that promote transparency and communication.
- Reduced Email Exchanges: Say goodbye to lengthy email chains. PaymentWorks will minimize the need for continuous email exchanges between suppliers, department contacts, and staff responsible for supplier information.
To learn more about this exciting development, mark your calendars for our upcoming Townhall sessions on:
- September 28, 2023, at 10 am – In person at the Training Center & virtual via Zoom (https://fsu.zoom.us/j/99378710414)
- October 2, 2023, at 3:30 pm – In person at the Training Center & virtual via Zoom (https://fsu.zoom.us/j/95841757657)
There will be additional virtual training session dates provided at the Townhall. These training sessions will be smaller groups that will go further in depth and required to obtain the role to PaymentWorks. This is a significant step forward, and we look forward to sharing the benefits of this partnership with our university community.
If you have any questions, please contact the Supplier Relations Team at email@example.com or x4-6850.
Your Procurement Services Team