It is the vision of the Controller's Office staff to meet the financial and accounting needs of a diverse and dynamic campus community with quality performance in a professional, courteous and service-oriented manner. Additionally, we aspire to play a leadership role in higher education finance and accounting.
It is our mission to:
- Establish and communicate policies and procedures necessary to ensure the proper and efficient use of University resources.
- Receive and deposit funds due the University.
- Maintain and process the University's payroll.
- Ensure the prompt and proper settlement of amounts owed by the University.
- Maintain the University's accounting and financial reporting systems.
- Provide oversight and management to ensure the integrity of all University financial affairs.
- Actively promote and monitor compliance with appropriate State and Federal financial and tax laws and regulations.
The Controller’s Office is committed to:
- Integrity – Conducting ourselves in an honest and credible manner, and to abiding by high ethical and moral standards.
- Excellence – Achieving excellence in all our assigned responsibilities. We will carry out our responsibilities with pride, professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Service – Meeting and facilitating the needs of the University community in a "customer-oriented" manner.
- Sensitivity – Demonstrating a sincere and caring attitude toward those with whom we interact. We will treat others with dignity and respect.
- Harmony – Creating an environment where harmony, cooperation, camaraderie and team effort is fostered. We will strive for win-win solutions.
- Personal Growth – Providing an environment where staff are encouraged to grow professionally and personally, to develop and offer new ideas and solutions, to share in information, to be recognized for achievement and to be given opportunities for responsibility and empowerment