3. What additional chartfields are required for projects (i.e. Sponsored (C&G), Foundation, and Construction Projects)?
Transactions recorded at the Project ID level for Contract & Grant or Foundation Projects, require additional Chartfields:
•Project ID – 6 digits used to identify a specific budget/grant
•Activity ID – Always the number 1
○ Usually assigned automatically by the various OMNI modules when processing project transactions.
○ Identifies source module, transaction type, and whether or not the transaction involves cost sharing.
○ The only time it must be entered is when creating journal entries in the general ledger by way of interdepartmental requisitions or expenditure transfer journal entries.
○ When creating journal entries, you must use GLE for expenditure lines and GLR for revenue lines.
Transactions recorded at the Project ID level for a Construction Project:
• Project ID – 9 digits long all starting with “C” used to identify a specific construction project budget
• Activity ID – 6 character alpha field that identifies the type of Construction activity (Constr, Equipm, etc.)
• Analysis Type – Same as Sponsored Projects listed above
• Budget Reference Year – Used to identify the fiscal year in which the funding was received for the project. For State appropriations, it’s the year the appropriation was approved by the Legislature.