The University is pleased to announce that the fourth phase of the new solution for Auxiliary Accounts Receivable and Billing is rolling out for Laboratory Animal Resources (LAR) on November 1st, 2018.
Financial Representatives were notified via a FINREP listserv in early October, 2018.
How does this impact me?
If your department utilizes and/or pays for services from the following departments, fully approved Purchase Orders must be in place before services can be provided beginning November 1, 2018.
- 062002: LAR Per Diem – Daily charges for animal care needs
- 062003: LAR Animal Purchases – Costs for animal purchases
When do I need to take action?
- Requisition entry for current, ongoing, and anticipated expenditures from the above auxiliaries should take place as soon as possible -- as early as TODAY, and no later than November 9th, 2018.
- The Controller’s Office and the selling auxiliary will monitor departmental requisition activity and will contact departments if the new procedure is not followed.
How do I comply with this requirement?
- Determine required requisition(s) and amounts needed for your department(s). Please review the new, updated instructions to be sure you receive the information you need to complete this task. A step-by-step guide has been created to guide you through this process.
- Enter requisitions/create PO’s for the applicable in accordance with the new internal purchase order process. Detailed training documents have been created for each auxiliary; please review as you enter your requisitions to avoid having to re-enter or correct errors. This should be done as soon as possible - as early as today and no later than November 9th, 2018.
- Manage (through change orders) and/or create new POs as appropriate on an ongoing basis throughout the year
What resources are available to support me during this process?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Internal Requisition Entry for each line of business
- Understanding Auxiliary AR/Billing Charges (includes how to view invoice PDF)
- AR/Billing Internal Requisition Work Sessions
- Attend these work sessions to obtain an overview of the Auxiliary AR/Billing Project and receive guidance as you estimate encumbrance amounts and create requisitions for internal purchases for FY 2018-2019. These work sessions are designed to assist departments in fulfilling the new requirement that all internal purchases from the above auxiliaries be preceded by a purchase order.
- Thursday - October 18th 8:30am - 10:30am
- Thursday - November 1st 2:30pm - 4:30pm
- Wednesday - November 7th 2:30 pm- 4:30pm
- Location: see OMNI Training Enrollment for location by training session.
- How to sign up:
- Navigate to http://my.fsu.edu > HR > Main Menu > Self Service > Learning & Development > Request Training Enrollment
- Search by course name (Internal Requisition Work Sess) or course number (BTAUX1)
- Select the appropriate session (0001, 0002, 0003, etc)
- Select “Continue” and follow the prompts until your registration is confirmed
- FSU_DPT_AUX_CHGS_11_1_COHORT – to see how much you have historically spent with LAR (paid via IDR/AUX journals) in order to estimate your encumbrances for the remainder of FY19. See this step-by-step guide for more information.
What are the benefits to University departments?
There are many benefits to departments, including:
- Enabling encumbrances for internal purchases
- Improved reporting
- Reduced budget errors and time spent researching errors
- Permitting Sponsored Research pre-approval for CAS exemptions by project
- Reduced IDR processing
Over time, additional auxiliaries will be brought on board based upon interest, business processes, requirements, type of auxiliary, and other considerations.
If you should have any questions, please email CTL-AuxiliaryAccounting@fsu.edu, or contact your auxiliary billing representative.