Default Approver – Based on employee profile data in OMNI HR and their primary active profile in Concur. Below are the responsibilities and roles:
- As an approver, the user acknowledges that a direct report will be (or was) out of the office by checking the dates of travel on the Travel Request and Expense Report.
|Each position can only have one supervisor/report to one person.|
Cost Object Approver (COA) – Based on Department | Fund | Project/Activity. Below are the responsibilities and roles:
Budget Manager - (E&G, Auxiliary)
- Ensures funding/budget is available and encumbered correctly. Estimated expenses should be realistic for scope of trip.
- Check that charges are allowable on the department & fund (i.e. no non-travel out of pocket on E&G). Budget managers may change funding source in lieu of returning a report for correction.
- Ensure expense report fields, comments, and backup documentation are correct, descriptive and follow Florida Statute & FSU travel policy.
Project Approver - (C&G, FSUF, FSURF)
- Ensure funding/budget is available. Estimated expenses should be realistic for scope of trip. Ensure trip type (in state, out of state, foreign) is allowable on grant.
- Ensure FlyAmerica Act compliance (if applicable). Check that charges are allowable on the grant (i.e. Some grants restrict out of state or foreign travel).
- Ensure comments and backup documentation are correct, descriptive and follow Florida Statute & FSU travel policy.
|The budget manager should always be the first approver once the manager approves and it enters the COA workflow.|
|Projects and their approvers are setup with either Sponsored Research Administration (SRA), the FSU Foundation, or the FSU Research Foundation for foundation and research foundation 'projects'.|
|Determined by SRA based on their internal protocols and business processes.|
Processor & Processor Manager – Based on Department | Fund | Project/Activity
Processor (Approved and in Accounting Review)
|Authorized approvers from the Foundation Accounting team for FSU Foundation funding. FSU Athletics has it's own approvers that are part of the NCAA compliance team.
Processor Manager (Approved and Pending Processor Manager)
|Authorized approvers from the Central Travel Office.
The Central Travel Office does not manually maintain the list of approvers in Concur. Supervisors and Budget Managers are interfaced from OMNI FI based on what is on record. To change:
- Supervisors (Default Approver) – Department should verify that an employee’s primary job in OMNI HR is the one with the correct supervisor and if not contact FSU HR to make the change and update their employee record.
- Budget Manager or Project Manager (Cost Object Approver) – Updates to Budget Manager and Authorized Signer go through the FSU Budget Office using their Update Existing Department ID Form. Please contact them here for more information. Updates to Project Manager go through the Sponsored Research Administration Office using their Personnel Change Form. Please refer to their policies here for more information.
General Approval Workflow
Click on image below for details.
Recommended OMNI Financials Queries
- FSU_CTRL_TE_CONCUR_DEPTID – List of all Department IDs with Description
- FSU_CTRL_GEN_BDMG_DDDH_AUTHSN – Budget Manager & Authorized Signer by Department