Frequently Asked Questions - Concur


What is Concur? What can I do in Concur?

Concur is a Travel Management System that allows you to create/process Travel Requests, make on-line travel arrangements with the university’s travel agency, and create/process Expense Reports to record expenses and initiate payments.

Who should be setup as a Concur user?

All employees (travelers, supervisors, budget managers, other approvers, Delegates, Travel Arrangers). Non-employee travelers (guests, candidates for executive or professional positions, consultants) will have guest numbers but will not have access to the system.

What should I do the first time I log on to Concur?

The first time you log into Concur you should update your profile, verify delegates and enable the use of mobile apps. See Concur User Guide for detailed steps.

What should I do if I am unable to verify my email address?

This error message is typically received because your email address is being used for Concur at another institution. You will need to contact the other institution and have them remove your email address from their account. You will then be able to verify this in your FSU-Concur account

What is the difference between a Delegate and Travel Arranger?

Travel Delegates create or approve Travel Requests and Expense Reports for travelers. Travel Arrangers handle travel arrangements for travelers.

Can the Delegate and Travel Arranger be the same person?

Yes. Be sure to setup the person as both a Travel Arranger (in the traveler profile) and as a Delegate in the Request/Expense profile.

Do I have to use the online booking tool in Concur for all travel arrangements?

No. The online tool is highly recommended, but is optional. The Concur booking tool includes contracted discounts for airfare, lodging and rental cars. International travel not booked online in Concur must be registered in Concur in advance of the trip (via an approved Travel Request).

What's changing in the approval process?

Based on feedback and to ensure compliance with Florida statute, the traveler’s immediate supervisor is now the first step of the approval process for Travel Requests and Expense Reports.

How do I link my Uber account with Concur?

To link Concur with your Uber app, you will need to create a business profile:

  1. Open the Uber app and navigate to Settings
  2. Scroll down to Profiles and click Business Profile
  3. Select or add the payment method for the business profile
  4. Enter the email address for the business profile
  5. Select Concur as the expense provider

For additional information on how to select your business profile for an Uber trip, see the Uber guide here.

I purchased an airline ticket in Concur. Why didn't I receive a receipt?

In order to receive an emailed receipt, the traveler must have verified their email address in Concur. Please verify your email address to receive future receipts. To download a copy of your receipt, please fill in the Passenger Airline Ticket Receipt Request in Concur's Travel Module.

How do I check for slowdowns & performance issues?

Navigate to check the “Current Status” column. Normal operations will be shown as a green check box icon. Any outages or performance issues will be displayed with the appropriate icons.
To receive email notification of outages and performance issues:

  1. Navigate to
  2. “Subscribe to Updates”
  3. Enter the email address where you wish to receive updates, click Continue


Travel Request

For whom should I create a Travel Request in Concur?

A Travel Request should be created and processed for employee travelers and non-employee travelers who will be reimbursed for travel expenses.

Can the Delegate create a Travel Request and submit it in workflow for all travelers?

Travel Delegates may create Travel Requests and may submit them into workflow for travelers. Delegates can create Travel Request for non-employee travelers and submit the request into workflow for them.

How can I add another approver for a Travel Request?

Once Travel Requests are in workflow. A user can click on the “Approver & Forward” button and enter an additional workflow approver. After the user approves the Request, it will be sent to the additional approver. After the additional approver approves, the Travel Request will be sent to the next workflow approver.

What do I do if the traveler’s schedule is changed after the Travel Request was fully approved?

For non-significant changes which do not affect the business purpose of travel, you do not need to re-create a Travel Request. Such cases include a change on the departure date or return date by a day or so. When creating an Expense Report from an approved Request, all fields on the report header that come from the Request may be changed to reflect the updated information.

For significant changes that affect the purpose of travel, you will need to create a new Travel Request and inactivate the old Travel Request. Such cases include a cancellation of the original trip and scheduling a new trip instead due to an unexpected business related event.

How are Export Controls handled in Concur?

The Office of Research Compliance Programs (ORCP) is notified when project-funded Travel is requested for foreign locations. ORCP will contact you regarding any restrictions and work with you to follow the proper steps.

How are Cash Advances handled in Concur?

Cash Advances are not encouraged, but are available case-by-case, when use of the travel card is difficult or unavailable, or extended foreign travel is involved. Contact the FSU Travel office for eligibility before requesting an advance. Requests should include the name and EMPLID of the user who needs a cash advance.

Note: Travel Requests will need to be submitted in Concur by the cash advance recipient, as acknowledgement they are receiving the funds specified.


Travel Card

How does Concur handle Travel Card Charges?

VISA sends all travel card (T-Card) transactions to Concur. T-Card holders will see those transactions listed in their Available Expenses and will need to create Expense Reports for them in Concur. Travel Rep delegates will be able to see the expenses for those they are delegates for.

Where do you see the Travel Card charges?

If you are an Individual travel card holder or department travel card Custodian, you will see your card charges in your Concur queue. You can click “Available Expenses” to view your charges.

Is there a due date to create Expense Reports for travel card charges?

Travel card charges should be placed on an expense report within five business days.

How should I handle unauthorized/fraudulent travel card charges?

Notify Wells Fargo and dispute the charges. Users should wait until a refund is processed to complete an Expense Report. Notify the travel office that a dispute is in progress.

I’m a travel delegate. Can my travelers enter my T-card number in their profile?

No. A travel card may only be associated with its owner’s profile. With their department’s approval, travelers may apply for an FSU Travel Card and enter that number in their profile, which delegates may use to make purchases in Concur on behalf of a traveler.

What is the benefit of having Individual Travel Cards? Aren't they easily misused?

Individual travel card charges are listed in the traveler’s (cardholders) Available Expenses which allows for efficient processing and faster reimbursements. They can alleviate the burden of expense from the traveler for many high and low cost items when traveling for University business.

Travel cards are restricted to travel-related merchants only in order to prevent inadvertent use for unauthorized products/services.

Can I email receipts from multiple email addresses?

Yes! You can add all your email addresses to your profile (Personal Information). You must verify each email address before emailing anything to

Can I throw away original receipts?

The best practice is to keep your original receipts until the report is processed completely. Certain grants and projects may have additional original document retention requirements.

A traveler brought back a paper hotel receipt that includes a personal charge (not an e-receipt). Do I need to record the personal charge in Concur?

Personal charges should be itemized using the expense type “Personal/Non-reimbursable”. Travelers must reimburse FSU, either by Concur systematically reducing from meal allowance and other out of pocket expenses or by completing a Department Expense Refund Form and submitting a payment.


Expense Report

Can Travel Delegates create and submit the Expense Reports into workflow?

Travel Delegates may create Expense Reports but cannot submit them into workflow for employee travelers. Concur requires employee travelers to review and submit their own Expense Reports into workflow. However, Delegates can create Expense Reports and submit the reports for non-employee travelers. Non-employee travelers do not log into Concur.

How can I add another approver for Expense Reports?

Once Expense Reports are in workflow, a user can click on the “Approve & Forward” button and enter an additional workflow approver. After the user approves the Expense Report it will be immediately sent to the additional approver. After the approver approves, the Expense Report will be sent to the next workflow approver.

Do I need to upload a copy of a mapping service (e.g. MapQuest) to Expense Reports?

Concur has a built-in Mileage Calculator (Google Maps) which calculates the mileage based on addresses entered. Click on the “Mileage Calculator” icon and compute the mileage.

How are receipts attached?

Concur allows users to scan and attach receipts to the online expense report or to upload receipt images through the Concur Mobile App (see Concur User Guide guide) You can also take a picture or upload the image and email to using the email address verified in your profile. This will place the image in your "Available Receipts". Valid receipts must include the method of payment, and the amount must match the expense. If the amounts do not match the expense, an explanation is required

How do I record mileage if the travel is on a state sponsored grant that requires vicinity miles, and the use of the FDOT mileage map?

You can meet these requirements by using the Documented Miles expense type. You can use the expense type for vicinity miles and then use it a second time for the FDOT mileage

Why does Puerto Rico and other US Territories pay a higher meal rate than other parts of the United States?

Due to changes in FSU's travel system, the Travel Policy was modified to allow the US Department of State's GSA rate for US Territories. If departments choose to reimburse less than this rate, they may do so, provided that "Less than Entitled" documentation is on file in the department for the traveler. US Territories include Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Guam, and US Minor Outlying Islands.

What is the purpose of Attendees?

Attendees serve the purpose of identifying who an expense was paid for when the user/traveler is paying for one or more travelers. See the Concur User Guide user guide for instructions on how to add an attendee to your Expense Reports.

Updated - 4/1/24