Skip to main content

Controller's Office

Foreign Travel

Foreign Travel in Concur:
  • Foreign meal and lodging rates are built-in.
  • Currency conversions are automatic.
  • Meal rates are determined by "where the traveler lays their head at night".
  • Foreign travel must have a travel request in Concur prior to trip.
    • Alternately, the Traveler may send their itinerary to their Concur profile.


Travelers should exercise prudence when traveling to a foreign location.  A traveler should review the U.S. Department of State’s List of State Sponsors of Terrorism and Foreign Travel Advisories before making travel arrangements.


Air Travel

The Fly America Act (49 U.S.C. 40118) requires that all federally funded travel use a U.S. flag carrier or U.S. flag carrier service provided under a code-share agreement, except under specific situations.  The U.S. has entered into several air transport agreements that allow federal funded transportation services for travel to use foreign air carriers under certain circumstances.  These “Open Skies Agreements” can be viewed on the U.S. General Services Administration’s website.


Lodging and Meals

Meals and Lodging will be reimbursed up to the maximum U.S. Department of State’s Per Diem Rates.


Currency Converters for Expense Reports

(Please refer to the University Travel Policies, and Travel Card Resources for more details)